What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A glimpse into the future?!

Okay, Here is My Deal...

Well, here it is, just the 7th of December and I think we have the trappings of a long winter! All three of us are sick...ear infection, bronchitis and flu. Dad, Mom and son. I hope this is not a glimpse into the furture of this winter season ={ On the optimistic side, perhaps we will get it all over with now and be healthy the rest of the season =}

Tonight is said to bring a snow of about 1-3 inches and then into tomorrow there is a call for 2-4 more. But, I always say about winters in Iowa and predicted snow, "I'll believe it when I see it." I would not mind enough snow for a late start to school, but I don't want to cancel. I hate to make up days at the end ofthe school year. Makes for squirrely kids...and teachers.

I heard an old wives tale today. It went like this: Whatever day ofthe month the first measurable snowfall occurs, that is how many snows will occur that winter. Hmmm, let's see, I think November 30 was our first with about 2-3 inches. Hope that is not a true tale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!