What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

It's a Conspiracy...C-O-N-spiracy!

Okay, Here's My Deal...

I swear, anytime that someone finds something they really like...all of a sudden it is gone!

Take my husband, for instance. One of a the few Christmas treats that he is insane for is Archway Brand Wedding Cake Cookies. We always go through about a million boxes this time of year. Can he find any anywhere this year? No!

And me...my mom always makes these Christmas treats that I am nuts over. We call them chow meins. It is just butterscotch almond bark melted down and then chow mein noodles thrown in and scooped into heaps to set up. Last year, she didn't make them. Why you ask? She could not find any butterscotch almond bark to save her life. None! Zip! Nada!

It is the same way with fast food places. They come up with a great new burger or sandwich and it is for a "limited time only". They get you hooked and POOF...it is gone! It is not right, I tell you, just not right.

Another great marketing idea is to improve on something that does NOT need improving. Take Keebler Brand Jingles. They are a Christmas cookie that I also love. A couple of years ago, the smart folks at Keebler decided that they cookies needed spiced up. They added anise flavoring. They did not make regular and anise...just anise. Now, for those of you unfamiliar with anise...it is basically a black licorice flavor. Now, I like anise...but NOT in my Jingles!! There is one way a Jingle is supposed to taste and it is not like a licorice whip! Evidently I was not the only one not happy as that is the only year I remember them being around.

It is not just in food...
*TV shows mess with things all the time. New characters, locations, days, times.
*Some sports change rules each season just when you get used to the old ones.
*Happy Holidays...Season's Greetings...Winter Festival...NO NO NO...it is CHRISTmas. Plain and simple. If you are not a Christian and do not celebrate the birth of my perosnal savior as I do, FINE. But allow me to. I don't interfere with the celebration of Hannakuh or Chanakuh or Kwanzaa or Ramadan or any other religion's holidays...so leave mine alone!!

I guess that is all for tonight. Don't want to get too riled up or I won't sleep very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!