What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Me? Fascinating? Um, okay.

Okay, Here's My Deal...

My husband told me the other night that his sister and her boyfriend find me fascinating.

That, of course, fascinated me. So, I asked why.

Seems I am a puzzle to them, politically speaking. They are both democrats. Me, I am a republican.

There is a stereotype that the majority public school teachers are indeed democrats. I happen to be a born again Christian public school teacher. There is a stereotype that the majority of born again Christians are republicans. Therein lies the paradox...the enigma...the conondrum...the dichotomy that is me. It fascinates them that I am a republican, not a democrat because of my profession.

It was a very hard decison for me in November of 2004...and it seems there was some debate over what I would do. Would the faith/Christian side of me lead me to vote Bush? Or, would the professional/teacher side of me lead me to vote Kerry? One of the big things that I debated about in my heart was the No Child Left Behind legislation, which is a Bush thing and which I have severe reservations about (that is the teacher talking). But, could Kerry really do much to change it right away? There were other issues of course, but this was huge. In the end, my decision was republican. Sorry, demos.

So, there you have it. If you find it fascinating...okay. If not...okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!