What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Losing My Mind?

Okay, Here's My Deal...

I have lost a post. It was here a day or two ago and now POOF. Gone.

I liked the post. It was on my NOT getting old...39 is not old.

I listed several reasons on WHY I was in fact getting old.

I can't possibly recapture the original thoughts, but here is a summary of some of the things I mentioned. Of course, I won't remember them all because, well, dare I say it, I am getting old.

  • Most of my students were not even born when I remember good TV. Like Taxi. There was a funny story that went with this.
  • I used to be the new kid on the block on my staff...now I am teaching with 2 people who were my students. Also, once people in my building retire this June, there will only be 3 people who are more senior than me and who have been there since I started.
  • The music I loved in college...not to mentioned high school...is now on classic or retro stations.
  • I am teaching a student whose mother I had as a student...mind oyu, she was in my first class and wasa high school junior who got pregnant with the boy I have now in class as an 8th grader. Actually, I had him as a sixth grader, too. Guess that does not help my case against being old, does it?
  • I would sit in amazement at Mary my fisrt few years of teaching. She had been there so long that she knew who was related to who and had kids of former students...now I am filling Mary's shoes.

So, there you have it...most of it anyway. Hopefully this won't get lost, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, First of all, you have to have a mind in order to lose it. Second of all, I totally remember the post, and it was very funny. Third of all, you didn't have anything about Mary in your first one...I laughed out loud for that. Do you know that we considered a team-meeting field trip for Mary to tell us who lived where, when they moved there, who lived there first, who their parents and cousins are, where all of them sat in her classroom, and how they related to West POint in some way?!?! :) I still giggle when I ask people if they know any scoop. No one here gets that. How sad. I miss you guys...

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!