What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Nector of the medicinal gods

Okay, Here's My Deal...

Vicodin...liquid crack...nector of the medicinal gods...the ideal drug after a tonsillectomy!

They came out on Friday, this is Sunday and I don't miss them. I count myself lucky so far in my recovery...doesn't hurt much more than my worst sore throat did before the surgery. I know I may still be in the honeymoon stage, but for now I am doing okay...that may also be the vicodin talking as I just took my latest dose. A steady diet of popsicles, grape gatorade, ice water, mint tea and assorted broths has helped as well. I have had a few soft foods: chicken and stars, grits, poached eggs, but I thik liquid is going to be my staple for another day or two. Oh, and the warm salt and baking soda gargle is helpful. Just a couple downsides that I see:

  • residual itching from the anesthesia...that can stop anytime now
  • peeing like a racehorse from the liquid diet, especially when waking from a vicodin-induced dream...is wearing a path in the floor
  • feeling my swollen uvula on my tongue; that is not as naughty as it sounds...get your mind out of the gutter--it is the little punching bag thingy in your throat!!

Well, that is all for now...the vicodin has kicked in pretty good now and I need to lay down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!