What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Wait TIl March, I'll Sue!!

Okay, Here's My Deal...

As I said in a previous post, I don't get in the way of other religions' holidays, so why do so many people want to get in my way?

You don't believe that Christmas is a Christian holiday and you just want to buy your presents and leave religion out of it?!?!?! Hey, I am okay with that...you don't have to celebrate the way I do or for the same reasons.

You are Jewish and do not believe Jesus was the Messiah?!?!?! Hey, I am okay with that. You celebrate the Festival of Lights and continue to wait for your messiah, while I celebrate the birth of mine.

You want me to recognize your season by placing a Mennorah, or the Kwanzaa candles in my city park or the town square or your window?!?!?! Hey, I am okay with that. But don't ask me to recognize yours and ignore mine by not allowing a manger or a tree.

You are an athiest and do not have any religious holidays. Hey, I am okay with that. Invent a day to celebrate your beliefs..or lack of... and I will let you do your thing...but again, let me do mine.

You're a store that gladly accepts the millions and millions of dollars that roughly 86% of the US people who do celebrate Christmas but don't want to offend the other 14% of the US population that do not...you know, by banning the Salvation Army from your doors, selling 'holiday' trees (what, like people who never bought Christmas trees are now going to miraculously buy them now that they have a different name?!?!) and not using the word Christmas in your ads until December 26 when it is suddenly time for your huge 'after Christmas sale', forbidding your employees from saying "Merry Christmas"...it goes on and on and on. Hey, I'm okay with that. I don't have to shop t your store.

So many people are ready to protest and even go so far as to sue over Christmas...you know, because it offends them in some way, I had a brainstorm tonight: I can't wait until March 17...then I am going to sue!! Why?

Well, because I am not Irish and all that green and those silly shamrocks and blarney stone and pins that say, "Kiss me I'm Irish!" and the pressure of having to wear green or face assualt by being pinched...it is too much and offends me and I don't have to take it! My rights are being trampled and I just can't have that. Let's see if the ACLU will pick up my case. I could stand to make millions...who do those Irish people think they are anyway shoving their holiday in my face?!?!?!

Okay, so not really...but do you see my point? Get a grip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!