What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

WRONG number!!

Okay, Here's My Deal...

I am what you call a traveling teacher in my building. I have a room of my own...it is an old storage closet. That is where I teach my small groups of gifted education kids. I also teach three larger math classes and I travel to other teachers' rooms those hours.

When the phone rings, I never know if it is for me or for the teacher whose room I am invading. Sometimes they are in there and sometimes they run errands...so if they are not in the room, I answer the phone and I take a message for them if necessary.

This happened yesterday. The orthodontist called, returning a call from the teacher. They said they would leave their toll free office number for her to use. I wrote it down, repeated it back and left the message on her desk.

She came in, made the call, hung up and made another call. When done, she came up to me, smiling and got really close to me so that the studetns could not hear. This is our conversation, I am in purple and she is in green:

"I just wanted you to know that this was not the doctor's number."
"Did I write it down wrong?"
"Oh, yeah!!"
"Who was it?"
"When they picked up, I heard heavy breathing and then a woman said, oooooh, my mouth is soooo wet for you..."
"SHUT UP!!" after which we both started to laugh hysterically, cauing the kids to perk up, so she moved in closer.
"It gets better."
"Oh, no..."
"Then she said, I can't wait to get my hands on your hard...to continue this call, you will be charged $3.99 a minute. That is when I hung up."
"I am SO sorry...I swear I repeated the number back to her."
We laughed some more and of course the kids are going nuts...I just said to them, "Let's just say I wrote down the wrong number for Mrs. S. to call back." Which of course did not satisfy the curiosity of eighth graders...luckily there were only a few minutes left in class.

I don't think I would make a very good receptionist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!