What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Monday, November 06, 2006

The Prodigal Pooch and Caninesque Cat

Okay, Here's My Deal...

Yeah, the dog is home. Got back about an hour after I posted. He was fine...thirsty and hungry, but otherwise fine. We still need to find a home for him, though.

My husband observed the other day that our animls seem to have reversed roles. The dog, is a grooming fiend. Grooms all of the time. I hate it...the sound he makes with the big tongue is just gross. Lots of times when he pees outside, he tries to cover it up like the cat does. Weird. My husband says dogs do that sometimes. I have never seen it, but I don't doubt it.

The cat? Does she like bits of meat like some cats do? No. Not even chicken. Tuna, yes. But what food really drive her crazy? Olive juice and pickle juice. Seriously. And, her favorite pasttime? Chasing her tail...like a dog, for 10-15 minutes at a time--sometimes getting so into it she falls off of the dresser or a chair or whacks her head against a wall or door frame. And I don't know what her deal is with the litter box...she will dig and dig and dig and NEVER actually cover anything.

And the dog? Likes to eat out of the litter box. They are not normal.

One last feline fact? When we put baby gates up to keep our son out of the kitchen, she got "trapped" in the kitchen. That is right, even though she was capable of and had in the past, jumping higher than the gate, she did not uinderstand that she could jump the gate to get out of the kitchen. After almost an hour of whimpering and whining and meowing, my husband had to literally pick her up and show her she could jump the gate.

See what we work with?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!