What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Better Understanding


Okay, Here's My Deal...

While I don't understand God's timing, I trust that He knows what He is doing.

Remember a few posts back that I had applied for, interviewed for and really wanted a job in a neighboring school district? And remember that I did not get the job and even though I was disappointed, my outlook was, "Well, there is something left unfinished or not done that God needs me to do where I am."

Now I know what it is...

Little did I know that He was preparing me for a much bigger and important job than where and what I would be teaching. He knew that He was preparing me to bring another child into the world. That's right...the very day I returned to the job I wanted out of I found out that I was pregnant with my second child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God knew that this was going to happen and knew that me drving 13 blocks to school as opposed to 20 miles in the winter time would be better. He knew that already knowing the ins and outs of the job I was in would be better than trying to learn a whole new system. I am sure He knew a lot more than that as well, but those two facts alone were enough for me to be convinced.
So, today was the first visit to the OB and it went well. I am about 8 and a half weeks along with a due date of Apirl 28...but since I had a C-section with my son, I will have a repeat with this once and they loike to do that in the 39th week, so it looks like maybe the 20th or so will be the actual birthdate. We took our son to the appointment and even though he is too young to really understand, we feel that if we take to each one that maybe by the time it gets closer he will have a small understaning of what is going to change in his life. It is too early to hear a heartbeat, but we got to see a "cardiac flutter" on the ultrasound. They did one this early to detrmine an accurate due date so that we could discuss options ofr surgery dates.

Anyway, it is all very exciting and I could go on and on, but I won't. It is late and I am tired from my big day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and knowing that I heard the story from you before it was posted! :) I am SO excited for you three!!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!