What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

And so it starts...

Okay, Here's My Deal...

My son, bless his heart, is not old enough for a learner's drving permit as he is only 26 months old, however, he has already caused havoc with one of our vehicles.

The other night, we went to make grilled cheese and found we had no butter...which is an optimal ingredient for grilled cheese. So, we hopped into the van to go to the store to get some, start her up and then found we could not shift into any gear. The gear shift would not budge. Not gonna happen. No way, no how. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Unh-unh.

To make along story short, it was not any of the things my friend from Ohio's husband thought (he is a mechanic) it might be, but rather a blown fuse...caused by none other than our son. That's right, he had somehow gotten a coin into the cigarette lighter (there is no cover, wasn't when we bought it) and it blew a fuse. So somehow, the car went into "safe mode" because it thought it had been hotwired or something.

I guess in the end it was a good thing because the mechanic saw that the radiator hose has been leaking antifreeze for sometime and the clamp needed to be replaced. He also went ahead and changed the oil as we are overdue and topped off the other fluids.

Crazy. Another funny story we can add to the mix of his young life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!