What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Eeyores...Uugghh!!

Okay, Here's My Deal...

Some people really just honk me off...burn my beans...bake my cookies...sink my battleship...put a nail in my tire...you get my drift. Or, as my friend, B's husband J says, "You smell what I'm farting?"

I have been going on a site for Christian Mommies for quite while now. It has message boards and links and all kinds of stuff. I just got chastised through a private message on the site by one of the moderators for responding to a particular other member's post by simply writing the word praying...that's it...praying. The mod said I was "causing stress" on the board and that this other poster "felt harassed" by me. What? Am I going to pray her to death?!?!

The other member is an Eeyore...you know one or more of them yourself...they are not happy unless they are unhappy and letting everyone in the world know just how crappy their world is and nothing you say to her makes a difference and finally, you just want to give up? Then they wonder why no one wants to be around them.

Anyway, she got really snippy about something I wrote about her situation and she said something to the effect of, "If you don't want to pray for us why don't you just leave us alone?" I told her that I WAS praying and just because she didn't like what I wrote didn't mean I wasn't. So, to avoid any further issues, I simply decided that I would respond with "praying" and not offer any opinions or suggestions because I knew she wouldn't take them anyway.

Now, evidently, she has complained that I am harassing her now and I have been asked by a moderator to not reply to any of her posts for a while.

I am a bad Christian Mommie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Honey!! I smell what your farting...and I think it stinks!! :) If people cannot take suggestions from others, they shouldn't post situations seek advice. And if they feel harrassed by the word "praying" they have bigger issues than can be addressed on one blog!!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!