What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

What Did I tell You Three minutes Ago?!?!

Okay, Here's My Deal...

God must have a special place in Heaven for people who work for credit card companies' collection departments. They have to deal with people like me...

Today, I got a call from one asking for my husband. Now, admitedly, we are behind on this payment...no dispute there, so they are just doing their job. "I am sorry, he is at work. This is his wife, may I take a message?" "That is okay, we will try back later."

I swear, 10 minutes later, the same company called (we have caller ID, that is how I know.) "No, I am sorry, he is still at work. This is his wife, may I take a message?" "We'll try back later."

Then, not more than 2 minutes later..."No, like I told the person who called from your company 2 minutes ago and 10 minutes ago, he is still at work. May I take a message please?" "That is okay."

I am not making this up...15 minutes later..."NO! For the fourth time in less than fifteen minutes, he is still at work...he works during the day, can't you note that on the account or something?!" "Sorry, we will try later."

Later, as in half an hour..."Look, you are the FIFTH person from this company that has called in less than an hour and I will tell you the same thing--NO!! He is STILL at work!!!!

Now, I have patience, but this was too much. It gets better, though, we have had five more calls since then...I just shut the ringer off and looked at the caller ID when the answering machine picked up. Finally, after he got home, he did get to talk to them.

Guess what? YEAH...they have called two more times tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!