What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Dead Rabbit and Birthday Cake

Okay, Here's My Deal...

My family, parents, brother and SIL, came Friday and Saturday for my son's second birhtday celebration this weekend. While my huaband was still at work on Friday evening, my parents, my son and I were outside. My son was playing in the dirt in our backyard...there is a small "pit" where the prvious tenant's son played backetball...I saw him trip over a small mound and hten began to play in that particular dirt. I went opver to see what he was doing and as I looked down said to myself, "Gee, what is that?" I focused and saw it...a DEAD RABBIT barely buried in the soil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I grabbed my son's hands so he could not get them in his mouth and took him to my Dad and went inside and got a container of germ-x and basically immersed his hand in it. Then I got a trashbag and a shovel and unburied the rabbit and put it in the bag and proceeded to twist the bag and wrap again and twist and wrap and twist and wrap until I couldn't anymore. GROSS. The only thing I could figure was that a big dog killed it and semi-buried it to come back and get it later. It was just so weird.

Good thing the birthday lunch and cake wasn't until Saturday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!