What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

That's a Tough One...

Okay, Here's My Deal...

Tonight I had my husband take me through interview questions to prepare for tomorrow. Considering it has been 15 years since my last interview for a teaching position (and that happened to also be my ONLY interview) I thought it would be a good idea.

I had printed some commonly asked teacher interview questions off from the internet and he just read through them at random and I answered them...some were pretty tough to answer. Not that I didn't "know" the answer, but thinking of the best way to word it so I didn't sound like a dork. And it was also tough because I was in a relaxed atmosphere. Tomorrow will be the test.

I found out there are three of us interviewing for two positions...one of the other two is a teacher from right here in my district, but from the high school!!! How weird and/or ironic is that?!?! How bad would it suck for my district to lose both of us to a neighboring one?

The one position is 9th grade algebra, which is the one I applied for after the other one fell through. The second is a 7th grade math position...which became available when the teacher currently teaching it was NOT given a contract for next year. And, ironically again...she was the substitute my district hired when I went on maternity leave two years ago. Crazy.

Well, time for night-night. Big day tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you, my friend! Let me know how things go - I will share any news I get this afternoon as well!! There are three people I know with interviews today...all seeking God's will for a new position! Whew! He will be busy with prayers today!!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!