What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

You HAVE to go to school...you're the teacher!!

Okay, Here's My Deal...

It is getting to THAT time of the school year. No one, including the teachers really want to be there. The weather is nice, it is daylight longer, we have spring fever.

Kids are really starting to get on my nerves. Basically, the ones who have already shut down with still 6 weeks to go, especially if they are particularly gifted or bright. In the teaching arena, when we deal with kids like that who are in eighth grade, we say they have eight grade-itis: sick of middle school and already thinking they are the big dogs going to the high school...all the while not realizing that they will be eaten alive when they get there:

1) By the older kids who really are the big dogs
2) By the teachers, who have more leaverage...their classes count for real credit and "matter"
3) By the administration, who really do crack down on discipline and nip things in the bud.

I would love to be a little mouse in a corner when some of these kids get there and finally understand that we, their teachers here, were not lying when we said it would be a rude awakening next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!