What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Monday, April 10, 2006

For Such a Time as This...

Okay, Here's My Deal...

My pastor's message yesterday was timed perfectly...I think it was meant to be in my life for such a time as this...you know, I may need to go back and reread the Book of Esther in the Bible for inspiration because that verse keeps coming back to me over and over (for those of you who are not Christians, that whole thing may have escaped you. Esther was a woman in the Bible who ended up doing great things for her people...but she had to wait and learn and be trained by God the the right moment in time, or "for such a time as this")

Even before he really got into the message, I felt the Spirit speaking to me about being obedient and enduring trials. I spent much of the eveing looking up verses to do with these things. I found both Deuteronomy 4:30, "When you are in tribulation and all these things are upon you, in the latter days you will turn to the Lord and be obedient to His voice." and James 1:12, "Blessed is the man who is patient under trial and stands up under temptation, for when he has stood the test and been approved, he will receive e the crown of life which God has promised to those who love Him." to be helpful to my current situation.

I received a directive from my superintendant on Friday and at first, boy let me tell you the things that could have come out of my mouth would not have been pretty...However, God must have known it needed to be silenced right then and there knowing that I would hear the service today and study those verses and apply them to the situation...It doesn't mean I am now happy to be under this directive, but it means that I am at peace with having to experience it because I know I will grow closer in my relationship with God as a result.

Is it okay that I would rather this particular cup be taken from me...but that I have surrended myself to His will and allowed the peace of the Spirit to come upon me and make me ready? I thnk so...even Jesus asked to have His cup of dying for for the sins of the world to be removed, but surrendered to the will of His Father and accepted His destiny.

As I have paid lipservice to before but am coming to faithfully believe, I need to stop spending my time, resources and enrgies on some light at the end of some tunnel...because I know THE LIGHT and He is here with me now. By that I mean that I know Jesus Christ and believe in Him as my personal Savior. I hope you do, too. It is an incredible thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!