What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Something's Got to Give...

Okay, Here's My Deal...

Something with my work situation has got to change soon or I will just go insane. Every day something...literally EVERY day, I am not exagerating...just gets heaped onto the pile to make me miserable. Today, we got yet another blistering e-mail memo from the ASSistant Principal. Her deal?!?!?!?! Under absolutely no circumstances are teachers to send kids to the hallway. We have already been told by both she and the Princi-not-my-pal that we are NOT to send kids to the office for disciplinary reasons...call first and if they are not busy, they will come down as soon as possible. So, we can't send them to the office and we can't sit them in the hallway. The memo stated that if we called the office and neither administrator was available, then the secretaries would direct us to send kids to the in school suspension room. Sounds like a solid plan, right?

WRONG. The room is about 7 feet by 10 feet. Ther are only 5 desks in there. So, what if there are already 5 kids serving a suspension and the office can't take a kid? Now where do they go? They don't...we keep them. And, it gets better...the associate they have in that room is being INVOLUNTARILY reassigned to work in another place in the building and no one has yet to be hired to take her place...so, with no one in the suspension room, we still won't be able to send them there.

I am hoping that I hear from the other district that I applied in sometime this week. And, if I don't get the job...I will apply somewhere else. I just can't be here any longer. Too many things are ethically, morally and plain old wrong and I can't deal with it anymore. And, I am not one to give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!