What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Tonsillectomy Recovery: Day 12

Okay, Here's My Deal:

You know that post a while back about the nector of the medicinal gods? Yeah, it comes with a price...

Hearing Voices--That's right, since my surgery, not only have I had weird dreams (see post called Giant Furry Frogs Named Chester) but I have been hearing voices. RELAX!! Not the kind that tell me to chop my family to bits or torch the town...but barely audible murmurings that sound like people trying to have a conversation. I just can't make out any of the words. This happens mostly at night when I am almost asleep or just fallen asleep. The other night, I woke up from a nightmare (no more cute furry frogs, my friend, but outright scary and frightening nightmares!) and swore I heard my son screaming and crying and when I ran to his room, I found him soundly sleeping.

Anyway, these things should be subsiding soon as I have backed off the pain meds and am trying to get my body readjusted to the drug-free lifestyle. I had a difficult time getting to sleep last night and I never really got into a deep sleep. My body just can't seem to remember how to do it on its own yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on Tonsillectomy Recovery Day 7 and I was trying to understand what exactly was going on in my mouth when your website popped up. Approved medical advice? Not really. But at least I know I wasn't going crazy when I woke up yelling in the middle of the night from the Percocet only to fall back into the same house-on-fire and-I-can't-get-out-nightmare. I stopped my pain meds a few days ago and started looking for alternatives for relief..Going to try the salt water baking soda gargle now..Thanks!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!