What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sybil's Brother: Heinz 57

Okay, Here's My Deal...

I know that it is wrong, but some of us at school have this running joke about a students. No, that is not a typo...I meant to type "a students", I know that doesn't make sense, but it will.

The 6th grade behavior disorders teacher in my building has six students listed on her roster, but we joke that there are really 14. One of the boys possibly has multiple personalities...the teacher claims to have experienced at least 9 including the black man (the boy is white) the black woman, the 3 year old, the CIA agent, and the 9 year old.

So, anyway, it started out at lunch. We ask the teacher how "they" are today and now we always always refer to him as they or them or the Bobs (not his real name).

The other day, she had an apple that she could not eat as she was full and asked if any of us wanted it...I suggested that she take it to the boy, but to be sure to cut it into enough pieces so "they all" could have some. We about peed our collective pants!!!!!!

Now, administration has decided to hire a one-on-one associate for him...we asked the teacher if they shouldn't hire a nine-on-one and pay her nine times what another associate would make!!!!

He is being mainstreamed out into a social studies class and that teacher said, "I don't have enough desks for them."

The teacher said that there are some days he wears his glasses and some not...we said, "Maybe only some of them need glasses." and also, "Maybe some of them got contacts."

Yes, it is wrong. But, let's face it, we need some thing to laugh about in my building and this is just too easy to not use for our amusement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!