What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Bobbing For Trout

Okay, Here's My Deal...

My husband and I were channel flipping last night and came across a show called "Country Fried Videos" on CMT. It is like the redneck version of "America's Funniest Videos". Anyway, they showed a clip of people bobbing for trout...real live people plunging their heads into a fish tank to bob, or catch in their mouths, trout!! I about peed my pants!!!!! Now, my best friend from college is nicknamed Trout (short for her last name) and I just HAD to e-mail her and ask if she had been bobbed.

On other fronts...I sent my resume to two other public districts Friday and to one private boarding school for troubled teens...I have not yet heard from the other district I applied in, but the end date for applications was this week, so I hope this week I will hear something.

Meanwhile, I had a good session with my counselor on Thursday...some things I thought were work related...turns out were rooted deeper in my past. Only with the help of the Holy Spirit was I able to see the connection and understand why besides work was I feeling so crappy.

Well, better go...I have to stomp out ignorance again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!