What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Well, NO WONDER!!

Okay, Here's My Deal...

One of the teams at my school decided to have a big event for their students today...if students were deemed to have been trustworthy and reliable and responsible for the majority of the year and they paid $3...they were eligible to go to on a team trip to an indoor amusement facility in a nearby city. Once there, they got a swipe card worth $8 to play games and do Go Carts and Lasertag etc. School kicked in $4 in addition to the $3 the kids paid and the facility kicked in an extra $1. When they got there, they got all the free pizza and pop they wanted. It was for 2 1/2 hours this afternoon.

The kids who were not deemed to have been trustworthy and reliable and responsible for the majority of the year were expected to come to school for the day and simply stay behind with a teacher for the afternoon and work on any homework they had not done or read or whatever. Parents were informed two days before the trip if kids were unable to attend. There were only about 10 kids who did not make the cut as opposed to the roughly 110 who did.

All but 3 of those ten kids were called in to school as being excused for the day!!!!! Parents and guardians actually called the school to say their kids were either sick, had appointments or whatever so they would not have to take responsibility for being jerks the rest of the year... NO WONDER the kids are like that if parents are going to make yet another excuse for them!!!!!

One parent even said she might just take her son and two of his friends that also could not go to the facility for the day on her own. She did not, but the very idea that she might do that just floored me. Did not surprise me after 15 years of teaching, but just floored me anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!