What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Faith...it's that simple & complicated


Okay, Here's My Deal...

FAITH. Very simple concept. Very complicated right now for me.

I have faith...at least I like to think I do. I am a Christian...my whole belief system is based on having the faith that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, is the Son of God, died for me on the cross and rose again. I believe that with my whole heart. And, I beleive the Bible to be the true and inspired word of God. And what God has to say about faith is all true. I just don't know if my human heart has the kind of faith I need right now.

My friend andI were talking about this the other day...we know what hte Bible says about tithing (in case you do not know...it means giving God His share...10% of everything) and believe that it is the right thing to to. But are we able to have faith enough to do it right now? No. Why? Because how can you tithe when you don't have enough money for bills?

But there are those miracle stories of people who have nothing and still tithe faithfully and miraculously...they are taken care of by God and are blessed. I know it is true. I know people who have done this. If they do it and it works for them...why can't I get over the fear of what will happen if we do? WHERE IS MY FAITH FOR THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Why can't I make the leap and trust Him for this if I trust Him for other things? Or do I really trust at all? This is a scary thing...lots of questions. Lots of prayer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!