What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I'll take my uglies with a side of yeast, please.



Okay, Here's My Deal...

Not really sure if I have a deal tonight or not. I mean, of course, I always have a deal, but nothing terribly specific jumps out at me at the moment.

Oh, remember my little emergency room trip I posted on the 30th of May or so? About my UTI? Well, I am still dealing with it and am actually on my third round of antibiotics. I finished the first batch and waited a couple of days to see if the infection was gone and the doctor's office called me back and said there was still some bacteria, so they gave me another batch...this time for 5 days instead of 3...and said they'd let the culture grow some more to see if there was something else going on. They called me a couple days ago and, in the words of the nurse, my culture "grew some UGLIES" so they were going to give me anotehr round of drugs...this time for 10 days and 3X a day instead of 2.

GREAT...my women friends out there knows what that will probably mean...a good old yeast infection on top of everything else. Anyway, the "uglies" are Strep B infection. Not the kind that causes strep throat but another variety. I guess the body has them naturally, but sometimes they go goofy.

Makes sense...ther weird stuff always happens to me medically. My parents and my husband can vouch for that, honestly. "Oh, this sort of condition only strikes female math teachers with green eyes and are left-handed who were born in Texas in November in an even numbered year? I see, no wonder I have it, then. Makes perfect sense to me now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!