What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

CRAN-tasic and BERRY duh news.

Okay, Here's My Deal...

CRAN-tastic News: Sonic, a drive-in/through fast food place, in case you are unfamiliar, has a new Slush (think DQ's Mister Misty--only better) flavor!! It is CRANBERRY!! And it is awesome...well, I suppose only if you like cranberries. I suggest you try it. They also can make it a creamslush for you by whipping in ice cream!!

BERRY duh News: I got my school schedule in the mail the other day. Heres' the thing...my job is supposed to be the middle school gifted education teacher and math teacher. Last year, out of 7 periods a day, I only got to teach gifted for 3 because I had to teach three math classes. Well, this year, I knew I was only going to teach on math class, which gave me much more flexibility to schedule my gifted kids in five periods. Well, not going to happen--I am still only getting three periods for gifted because I have been assigned to monitor two study halls!!!!!!!!!! HOWEVER...this is not the duh part...read on my friend, read on. The one math class I will be teaching has 22 students. My room has a capacity of 12, so I will be needing to go to another teacher's room during thier preparation time to teach my class--something I have done for all of the years I have done this particular job and something I have no problem with. Except this year...as I perused the schedule, I noticed that the hour I am scheduled to teach this class, the only two teachers who are on their prep are the gym teacher--no desks in the gym the last time I checked...and the chorus teacher--again, no desks in that classroom. Genius scheduling, there Ace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!