What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!



Okay, Here's My Deal...

I go on this website called Christian Mommies...there is link to it on here...and anyway, I am just amazed at how naive and downright uninformed some people are!!

One lady began a post on something and it has evolved into something else. Here is the skinny on it...this other woman on the boards is not the brightest crayon in the box. When someone mentioned getting PAP smears, she did not understand why she needed to continue to get one every year when she had only had two sex partners, including her husband and neither one of them has an STD...

Well, DUH...it is because PAP smears don't test for STD's, they test for changes and abnormalities in your cervical cells, to help prevent cancer!!!!

So, when I replied to her and expalined that, as well as that she needed to have them every year as well as do self breast exams every month...she said, quote, " I would NEVER do that, if what you mean is a mammogram, because, don't they hurt when they squash your breasts? If I think I might have a lump, I will just go have the doctor check."

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?! You are an adult woman who has one child and another about to pop out and you don't know the difference between a breast exam and a mammogram?!?!?! That is what I wanted to say, but didn't. I just explained to her the difference and then asked her to please learn how to and then do them each month...also saying that most of the time when a woman feels a lump, it is too late and the cancer has already spread. I asked her also if avaoiding the temporary pain of a mammogram would be worth it to her if she later had to go through the pain of chemo and radiation. This was just a few minutes ago, so no reply from her yet.

Holy cow...in this day and age, how can people be so ignorant about their bodies?!?!?!?!?! How can a woman in her 20's like this not know why PAP smears are done and how important breast exams and mammograms are?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, and I also told her that her husband should do self testicular exams and have a testicular exam done every year by a doctor to check for cancer, she put a little smiley face that rolled around on the floor laughing and said, "oh, I doubt he'd ever agree to that!! LOL" WHAT?!?!?!? When did cancer of any kind get funny?!?!?!?!?!

Now, is it just me, or does SHE have a bigger deal than me tonight?!?!?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!