What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Dog Named Bud...

Okay, Here's My Deal...

There is a new addition to our home...a dog named Bud. He is one year old, housebroken and a full-blooded Golden Lab we got for FREE. He has his certified pedigree and he has both field and arena champions in his blood. Right now he is intact, but we plan a trip to the vet for snip-snip sometime soon.

How did we manage a full-blooded lab for free you ask (and even if you didn't, I will answer) There was an add in the paper for 7 labs free to a good home. We called to find out this was a breeder and we looked them up on the net and asked around to see if they were legit. My husband asked why they were free if they were healthy and pure-blood. Seems a man bought 7 labs so he cold train them for drug and bomb duty. He got the training to train them and then could not for some reason get a federal license to do the job, so he surrendered them all back to the breeder. And, since most people who want pure-blooded labs want puppies and they were already a year old, she felt it was not right to try and sell them, but rather find homes for them. By the time we got there, Bud was the lone lab left, but he did well with our son and we liked him right away. After two visits, we decided to bring him home.

He is fitting well into a home with a 2 year old and a cat...in fact, I think the cat scares him, but she is completely declawed, so no harm except for hissing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!