What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Retraining in Progress

Okay, Here's My Deal...

I meant to add this to the Bud post, but forgot.

A week ago today, my son's paternal grandma and stepfather left after being here for two weeks. Of course, he was spoiled rotten and there was no resemblance to any sort of routine we had established...however, they only get to see him twice a year, so that was just fine.

The hardest part has been bedtime...but it is coming along. One night, he woke up at 3:00 a.m. and decided it was time to get up and he was in fact wide awake. Between then and 5:30 a.m. I am sure we put him back to bed in his room at least 15 times--there are times when I exaggerate to make apoint, but I assure you this is NOT one of them--finally, I got up and laid down on the floor in front of his bed...which I know I should not have done, but I was desperate. I woke up at 6:30 and he was sound asleep. He did not get up until almost 10.

Since then, we are slowly but surely getting back into a routine that works. It won't be much longer and I will have to go back to teaching and a whole new routine will need to be established. Great fun.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh P'LEASE. Like he wasn't already spoiled when we got there!!!! Besides, it's not our fault he happens to be the most precious little boy in the whole wide world.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, just in case people are confused, it's his step-grandfather not father. Hee-hee-hee!!!!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!