What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Monday, July 24, 2006

What? Less than a month?!?!

Okay, Here's My Deal...
There is now less than a month before I go back to school...officially anyway. I was back today to get some things organized. Am going back either tomorrow or Wednesday and then the following week I will try to be there a couple days. I alsways like to go in on the first day we are supposed to be back with the first week or two already planned and my desk cleaned off so that I can relax and ease into the start of the year. I don't see how people who come in the very first day survive, but I guess that is just their deal. I could not do it at all.
It will be weird in my building this year with so many new faces and people to get to know. We lost about 38% of our staff to retirements and new positions and reassignments. Crazy. Now I just found out tonight that we are going to hire a new teacher for a brand new class...
Hmmmmm...new class, no curriculum is written and there is no room at the inn--we just took a third of our library to make a classroom so the reading teacher could get out of teaching in the cafeteria and I am teaching in an old storage closet--where are Earth are we going to put a new teacher? In the cafeteria...or else traveling from room to room during other peoples' preps.
Yeah, sign me up for that deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!