What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

What the @#$% ?!



Okay, Here's My Deal...

We are at the point, well, we have been, but it really was driven home yesterday, where we really need to watch what we say in front of our 2 1/2 year old. I went to the store yesterday to have some prints made from my digital camera and the machine was busy. So we strolled around the area to be sure to be next in line when they were done. I had jsut turned into an isle and at the end was a man on his cell phone. Here is the one-sided conversation...in a normal tone of voice, mind you:

"In the blue bottle with a black cap?"

"Oh, sure, the one that is 35 f#$%ing dollars!"

"You're sure that is the f#$%ing stuff you want?"

"Just f#$%ing great...well, then happy f#$%ing birthday!!"

I walked by and muttered...barely audible to myself, or so I thought, "Nice f#$%ing language" and I heard my son say as plain as day f#$%ing. I quickly distracted him with something that had Nemo on it and picked up my jaw off of the floor. Now, I don't know if it was me or the man who he was immitating...and it doesn't really matter as neither one of us should have been saying that at all let alone around kids...but I feel bad.

My husband blames me for all kinds of stuff our son says. Probably rightly so...

Another example, I was mad at the dog one night about two months ago and siad, again, I thought to myself, "damn dog!" and I had my son pointing at the dog saying, "da dog!"

But the most infamous, was during a diapering...it was off and he had pulled his legs up together and well, it squished down his penis...he reached down and couldn't find it. I said, jokingly, and no, not to myself, I admit tht this time, "Where'd it go?" He opened his legs and I said, "Tada! There is is!" Well, you guessed it, for a while after that (it has waned a little now) everytime he had a diaper change, we heard in the best toddler possible, "where'd it go?" and "tada! there it is!"

Yeah, I will be the topic of therapy sessions in the future...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!