What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Pick a State, Any State


Okay, Here's My Deal...

It seems that we are in high demand. Our two closest friend couples are not here in our town...well, they used to be and then they both moved. One to Ohio and one to Florida. Both couples, plus my husband's family in NC are dying to have us move close to them. My husband said we should auction ourselves off to the highest bidders and we may be able to go anywhere in the world!

We have made no attempt to hide the fact the we want to get closer to my husband's family...well, not to everyone--we have not really mentioned much about it to my mom. I think she thinks later rather than sooner. We will cross that bridge when we get to it. We know that there are better opportunities for my husband's career, whether that be in aviation or hospitality or whatever, in a larger city than where we are now. Me, I can go anywhere and teach because we are in demand. But, most importantly, we know that there are better opportunities for the boys in a larger setting as far as schools, culture, arts, and other things.

Anyway, I know that my in-laws get mroe and more discouraged each passing year and I don't blame them. They have been hearing it for so long that it probably seems like we are just saying that to give them hope. Actually, we were starting to get really serious about looking for jobs there right before my dad got diagnosed with his cancer. Since we didn't know what the future held, we put that on hold. Now that he has passed away, we are starting to talk more about it. However, we are also being realistic in the fact that we may still be here, so we are looking into preschools for our oldest. If we move, then we just unenroll him. If we don't move, then he is set. I am going to sign my contract whenever the union and the school board settle...if we move, then I resign and they pull my Iowa license for a year--big whoop, I'd be in another state. If we don't, then I have a job.

It is just hard trying to do what is best for your family and also trying not to hurt anyone's feelings. Because friends have moved on and are loving where they are they think you will do well there, too. Parents raise you to have a better life than they did...and sometimes get resentful and hurt when you do...or, think that everything in your life will be better being with them...all in a loving and caring intention, but sometimes only clouds the issue. There is no easy answer and I guess there isn't supposed to be or I wouldn't be typing this, would I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!