What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Friday, May 30, 2008

From the halls of Montezuma to the Streets of Heaven


Okay, Here's My Deal...


My dad lost his battle with pancreatic cancer on Wednesday, May 21 at 4:10 in the morning. He went peacefully and quietly in his sleep. One thing that he alsways said was that he didn't care if we just dug a hole in the ground and threw him in as long as he had his full military graveside service for being a United States Marine Corps veteran of the Vietnam War. It took some doing, but we got it done for him. It was a breathtaking and moving sight to drive into the cemetery and see those Marines in their dress blues lined up according to height, two others flanking the tent and then watching them fold the flag and present it to my mother followed by the 21-gun salute and playing of Taps...well, it was just amazing and such an honor for his memory and service to our country.
Semper Fi, Dad...I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!