What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Saddest Thing

Okay, Here's My Deal...

I saw the saddest thing today. My oldest son and I were driving around town doing some errands and I saw a little girl, probably 6 or 7, walking down the sidewalk--by herself, mind you--carrying a large plastic bag full of pop cans in one hand and a six pack of beer bottles in a cardboard carrier. She was about 4 blocks from the redemption center here in town.

Now, a kid with a parent or someone going there together to practice counting or something, but to send a kid that young by themselves to turn in your cans just bothers me. Maybe I am old fashioned, but I just didn't think it was right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!