What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

You Have Been Lied To



Okay, Here's My Deal...

All your life, teachers like me have been lying to you. "There is no such thing as a stupid question," we all tell our students. Not true.

There ARE stupid questions.

And usually they are ones that are asked not because someone really wants to hear the answer or truly does not know the answer...the person asking the question KNOWS the answer, but somehow thinks that by posing the question they will appear to be thoughtful or wanting to sound helpful...all the while hoping they don't get the answer or response they expect. Those kinds of questions just burn my cookies because they make me feel like somehow I am to blame for your deal whether that is the intention or not.

If that is your deal, do me a favor and just don't ask in the first place or just suck it up and do what you think I want to begin with--maybe I am having a deal of my own at the moment and can't ask my own stupid question of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!