What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Reach out and touch someone

Okay, Here's My Deal...

Years ago there was a commercial for one of the phone companies that had a jingle that said, "Reach out, reach out and touch someone. Reach out, reach out and just say hi." Well, today, my heart was touched by a phone call.

My post from May 6 told about my being denied paid time off to be with my dad and help my mom right before my dad passed away. Well, now that I have signed my contract and know that I have a job, I sent a letter to each of the school board members telling them what happened. I didn't really expect any kind of response--they stereotypically don't want to get involved in issues, or micromanage as they call it.
Today, I got a phone call from the president. No, not W, but the school board president. He was so nice. He said that he was sorry for what had happened and he felt it should have been handled differently. He said there are just times when you have to do the right thing and that the right thing had not been done. He said that was his opinion and that it wouldn't change what had happened, but he would be sure to bring it up with my superintendent whether any other board member did or not. He was quite sincere and it made me feel good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!