What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Okay, Here's My Deal...
This morning my son put on his Spiderman backpack filled with a Spiderman notebook and folder, glue, crayons, safety scissors, kleenex, and paint shirt and walked into the building where he will be attending daycare and preschool this year. He will start school tomorrow so today was just a get comfortable day.
His teacher helped him get things unpacked and showed him where things were, then helped him pick out something to play with when we left. There are a couple of kids there who went to the sitter with him, so he saw some familiar faces. When we went ot pick him up, he was outside playing and we could tell he had a great day.
Before we even got there, I knew how much he had grown up...we were in the van taking his little brother to the sitter and he said to me, "I want to stay in the van when you take him in. I will be just fine, Mom." How very independent and confident. How sad yet how encouraging it is to me to see that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!