What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Hurry Up and Wait



Okay, Here's My Deal...

It is the classic repair/installation promise: "We'll be there between 8 & 12." Since you have to be home, that is what you do...you wait. And, it just seems that even though you had nothing planned ofr the day before scheduling this appointment, the moment you know that you can't leave that you want to or find there are things you could be doing instead only not at home....

And, then it is kind of a letdown anyway--I mean, we spent a good chunk of time last night tidying up most ofthe house for this; almost as if "real" company were coming. I say most of the house because, as you know, there are rooms they will never see and you can always shut those doors, anyway. Don't look at me that way--you do it too, be honest. Of course, if we were more tidy to start with...well, that is another whole post. But I digress from the let down part. You do all of this and they come, do their thing and leave--not one moment caring about how your house looks because I am sure they have seen it all and just want to get done and out so the next person who is waiting doesn't have to wait so long.

Gotta go. I have some serious waiting to do because it is now 8:21.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!