What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What Exactly Does TEN Mean?



Okay, Here's My Deal...

Tomorrow is my tenth wedding anniversary. Here are some numbers to give you, and me, some perspective on what exactly that means in a quantitative way. I am a math teacher, so bear with my geekiness for a little bit, okay. Ten years can be measured in a plethora of ways, such as:

315 569 260 seconds
5 259 487.66 minutes
87 658.1277 hours
3 652.42199 days
521.77457 weeks
120 months
1 decade
0.1 centuries
0.01 millenia

Wow...pretty factual and not really meaningful as far as emotions go. Here are some other ways that 10 years can be measured:

2 births of sons
deaths of family members
too many medical procedures to count
a move
6 or 7 vehicles
3 pets…5 counting those in NC
too much laughter to measure…not nearly as many tears
hours and hours of prayer
abundance of money…shortfalls of money
4 or 5 jobs

I love, you Brian, more than any words or smiles or hugs or anything imaginable could convey!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!