What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tenderhearted



Okay, Here' My Deal...

My 3 year old wanted to watch March of the Penguins...he likes to see the babies. As we watched, there were a few that had died. He doesn't really know death (how nice to be so young and still innocent to life's tragedies) but knows sadness. He said, "Ohhhh. That's sad." A mommy penguin was tapping at her dead chick with her beak and he said, "Try wake him." I said, "It looks like that, hmm?" He said, in a sad little voice, "Yes, poor baby."

He is also starting to develop some empathy, I think. He says stuff like:

"Sumpin'g wrong?" "Feel better." "What happen?" "Oh, I see."

and will pat your arm or give you a hug as he says them. Too bad more people don't keep that sweet, tender spirit after their toddler years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!