What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

More than one way to slice a waffle



Okay, Here's My Deal...

As soon as my Ohio friend read the title of this post, she will know it is about her family's visit.

As I said in my last post, they were visiting for a wedding. This morning, we stopped by their hotel to eat breakfast before tehy left for home and we went to church...which we never made by the way because we were having fun catching up and watching the kids play...the title comes from a little breakfast technical difficulty her husband had with the waffle maker.

My oldest boy is 3 and their only girl is 2 1/2. They just sort of looked at each other and were indifferent for a while, then my friend's husband said, "chase him, Mackenzie!!" and it was on. They were tearing around the breakfast area like, well, kids. At one point, they stopped to breathe. My son was against the wall and their daughter came up, pushed him by the shoulders back into the wall and planted a big old kiss on him!! It was so cute...but her father sighed, saying, "We are going to be in a lot of trouble in a few years," and hung his head. Later, after we had gone up to the room (with the kids having the time of their life riding the luggage rack) to let them load up their stuff they had more fun playing in the big bed together.

In a way it is too bad they live so far away...but in a way, it might be a good thing. If they were close to each other, they would tear up the town, I am sure. Between their two little advanced brains, they'd come up with so much chaos that we would be in trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!