What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Checking In

Okay, Here's My Deal...

This is what we feel like around here...trying to pat our heads and rub our tummies at the same time. Adjusting to a newborn with an almost 3 year old in the house has been interesting. But, I would not trade it for the world.

Baby still had night and day mixed up. Sleeps most of the day, with a couple of wakey wake times, but then each night is different. Sometimes he goes 2-3 hours without getting up to nurse. Sometimes he is up every hour or so. One night we had from 9:30-5:15 to sleep!! Last night he was up and wide awake at 4:45--I went back to bed at 5:45 thinking he'd sleep for a while, but no. My husband got up with him then and let me sleep.

Toddler is not showing any outward signs of jealously and actually has been really good with the baby...but he is having major tantrum issues and sleeping issues. Most are due to his age I am sure, but the baby has something to do with it too.

Husband is a real help with everything, thank God!! He has been awesome.

Disappointed in friends. I am not looking for lots of gifts, in fact, there is not much we need since we already ahd a boy and they were born in the same season and pretty much the same size, so no need for clothes and we have lots of toys when he is ready. But, I am very disappointed that not more people have stopped by or even at the least called or e-mailed us to either ask how we are or to see the baby. Really, I can count on one hand the number of nonfamily people who visisted in the hospital or have contacted us since we have been home. Heck, the residents at the assisted living facility that my huband works have outdone our friends as far as asking how we are and being concerned.

Well, that is about it for now, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!