What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Two In One


Okay, Here's My Deal...
I feel like I am two people in one. This is a school related deal.
One of my duties this year at school is to monitor a study hall. Last year, I had two, so I was very happy that I only got one this year. However, I would gladly take the two I had last year back. This one is a nightmare.
In my regular classroom, I do not have discipline problems. I just don't. Things go smoothly for the most part...but I admit I am a little spoiled because I do teach gifted ed and the higher level math courses, so I tend to have a "better" quality student on average. I rarely get upset ay my kids and they know when I am joking iwth them and when I am serious.
Study hall, on the other hand is just the opposite. I have all kinds of issues with kids up and out of their seats and trying to do whatever they want. I am constantly yelling at them to stop doing the same things over and over and over. I have changed seating arrangements at least 10 times and nothing works. It is horrible...and to make matters worse, it is last period of the day.
I just don't get what the problem is. And we are not even half way through the year. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!