What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Home-In-Law for the Holidays



Okay, Here's My Deal...

I am not at my home computer and I don't want to change the Java or cookie settings for the computer I am using, so I am emailing myself blog entries to post later, so there will be a lot of posts on the same day when I return, but, hey, that is okay.

We are in NC visiting my husband's family for the holidays...and by holidays, I specifically mean CHRISTmas and New Year's...I mean, I do acknowledge that there are other holidays around this time and I am all for them and the people to whom they are important, but wanted to be clear. End of my soapbox--moving on.

Anyway, we drove. Yes, from Iowa. It actually was not that bad except the left turn we should have taken at Albequerque or rather, the wrong exit in Beavercreek (AKA Dayton, OH) that added an extra hour to our trip. But, it was worth it as we got to see our friends and have some laughs. Good times--especially at the Cheesecake Factory. Including: (a) the broken penguin (b) the flying ketchup (c) the bumped head (d) and the lost/left baby blanket.

We thought borrowing the DVD players from another friend would make the trip better for the boys and we brought many movies to pop in for thier enjoyment. But, alas, all we saw (well, the boys saw, we heard) was the Veggietales movie, "Lord of the Beans," over and over and over. Oh, we asked if he wanted to watch other movies..."no, Veggies please." Grreeeaaaattttt.

Of course, the first few days were hectic trying to fit in my MIL, stepFIL, SIL and might-as-well-beBIL with my FIL, stepMIL and a variety of other family from the FIL side on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and finishing up shopping before that. Now we have sort of settled in and are relaxing and enjoying the time with family.

I even had a first today. For the very first time since I have been coming here over the past 12 years, I drove. Not only that, but by myself. It was impressive...at least for me. You know, big city vs small town girl.

Well, that is it for now. We have a week left, so I am sure there will be at least one more update before we leave and another when we return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!