What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why?


Okay, Here's My Deal...
We have entered the "WHY?" stage with our 3 1/2 year old. Those of you who are parents or caregivers of preschoolers know what I am talking about. It goes much like this:
"Oh, sweetie, look at the clouds."
"What are those clouds doing?"
"Just floating in the sky."
"Why?"
"Because that is what clouds do."
"Why?"
Because God made them that way."
"Why?"
"So we can have something pretty to look at."
"Oh, okay."
Then we go on about our business and a while later there is another conversation:
"Where am I going?"
"To the babysitter."
"Why?"
"Because Daddy and Mama have to go to work."
"Why?"
"To make money."
"Why?"
"So we can buy you tings like food and toys and clothes."
"Oh, I see."
I don't mind it...really, I think it is good to question things. But, this is also exactly why I don't teach elementary school--I could not deal with more than one asking me "Why?" at once. I would just go batty and have to hurt somebody and that is bad for a teacher to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!