What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Good (Valen)Times


Okay, Here's My Deal...
Let me just say that my husband and I are not your stereotypical romantic couple. That is not to say we don't have any romance, because we do. It has evolved over the years and looks a little different, but it is still there.
I have also never really been your I-have-to-have-flowers-and-chocolates-and-dinner-on-Valentine's-Day kind of woman. I tell my husband that if he wants to buy me flowers, NOT to buy roses. I would rather have a huge bunch of carnations because they last for so much longer.
One year, we totally forgot it was VDay and we were short on cash, so we went to Burger King. One year, on our anniversary, we were at Wal-Mart and we picked out cards and read them to each other right there in the store and didn't buy them.
This is just how we are.
Well, this year proved to start out strange, even for us. We spent 3 hours in the emergency room at our hospital. To make a long story short, I found out I have gallstones and might have to have surgery. When we left, we ate at Burger King. (I had a salad...you know, to avoid the fat and grease b/c of the stones)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!