What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Too Scary for Words


Okay, Here's My Deal...
I came home early from school today becasue I felt crappy. When I got home, I called my husband to tell him I had come home and he told me that there was all kinds of excitement going on at the hotel where he works. There was a drug raid!!
Come to find out, earlier in the morning the police were at a department store here in town investigating a shoplifter. They found drugs on him during the search and that gave them probable cause to search their vehicle. There they found a traveling meth lab. The store was closed down for the day and workers sent home. The suspects told them they were staying at the hotel and had cooked some in thier room the night before.
The drug task force called the hotel and told them to not allow anyone in or out of the room. They came and taped it off with the caution tape and everything while they waited for a warrant to search the room. They had indeed been cooking in the room and the hotel was told that the entire room would have to be gutted before it could be rented again.
When my husband came home, he was on the phone with his manager who had been talking to the owner. After he got done talking to him and hung up, he told me that he had changed his tune. I asked why and he said that they saw a side of him they had not seen before. The owner had suggested and the manager had agreed that instead of hiring a professional company to come in to clean and gut the room that he would do it!!!!!!!!!! After all, the firemen and police had been in there with just gloves and masks on so it couldn't be that bad.
Well, my husband said absolutely not and they could fire him if they wanted, but he'd have them in court. I mean the people from the state said that the room could not be rented and that the stuff they were cooking was called Red P...I guess it is made with phosphorus instead of anhydrous amoinia. They said some guy had been on a call once and that he got some on his hands and he didn't know it and he came home and was petting his dog. The next morning the dog was dead just from that little exposure!!!!!!!!! I guess after the manager talked more with the owner, they decided that maybe a professional company would be best. Ya Think?!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!