What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Penguin Weather

Okay, Here's My Deal...

Yes, I know I live in Iowa and I know that winters here can be tough, but today it is just down right COLD. I mean single digits before wind chill. Now, I know I should not complain as my parents, about 2 and a 1/2 hours north, are having single digits below ZERO where they are. We were going up to see them to celebrate Christmas on my side of the family, but a couple of days ago my parents called to say let's wait until another time--they were supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow the next day with 20-30 mile an hour winds--because they didn't want us to risk getting the boys out in the cold weather and somehting happen to the van and we'd be stuck.

So, we have been homebodies and if it is this cold tomorrow, we might not even get out to go to church--it is 20 miles away to the south. We have been doing some cleaning and tidying of the house, something that is overdue. No one is dressed in "real" clothes--it is a PJ day all the way. Everyone needs to have one of those every once in a while. Better go...the clothes are ready for the dryer and I think there is another load to go in the washer. If we don't turn into peoplecicles, I am sure I will be back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!