What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Great Alphabetical Geographical Mathematical Cross-Country Challenge

Okay, Here's My Deal...

Today another teacher and I thought we would combine my math class and his social studies class for an activity. We paired these sixth graders up, gave them an atlas and set them off on the "Great Alphabetical Geographical Mathematical Cross-Country Challenge." They were told that they had been hired by a travel agency to plan a trip for a VIP (very important penguin) who wanted to take his family on vacation with two groundrules:

  • they had to visit cities or towns in alphabetical order
  • they could not visit a state more than once on the trip

It actually went well. They found only one city that began with X. It is in Ohio. Do you know what it is? I didn't. Do you, my fellow palindrome loving science geek Buckeye friend? Well, I am not telling. Grab an atlas and find out--Happy hunting!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!