What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

You Take the Good, You take the Bad

Okay, Here's My Deal...

Two things have happened over the past couple of days. One is that I posted my last blog entry into the Christian Mommie board that I have frequented for a while now. I thought I would have lots of ladies responding to me and just simply saying they'd been there and send my cyber hugs or smileys. Yeah, one mommie responded right away and then there was nothing. This is not the first time this has happened. I pour my heart out and then nothing. But, let one mommie post that their lizard had laid an egg and it was like the world had stopped spinning. So, I decided to stop frequenting there for a bit. I told them I would stop in to see waht prayer requests there were, but that I simply had not felt supported in a while and that I didin't think I could open my heart again there and would no longer be posting. Well, then of course I got lots of responses then abot how I was appreciated there and that they were praying even if they didn't post and yada yada yada. I think it was sincere, don't get me wrong, but a case of too little too late I felt.

Second, I also copied and then elaborated a little on my last post and sent it to several of my personal friends that are my sisters in Christ and to my MIL and SIL in NC and my SIL here in Iowa. The response has been incredible and the love and support and tenderness that I have been shown has simply blown me away. Scriptures have been offered up to me and suggestions for books and the most important things I have gotten are the personal stories from their hearts about seasons in their lives that are/were similar to what I am experiencing.

Sort of reminds me a lot of the Steven Curtis Chapman song, "Carry You to Jesus." Here are the lyrics to it...from the CD Declaration of Dependence:

I will not pretend to feel the pain you’re going through I know I cannot comprehend the hurt you’ve known And I used to think it mattered if I understood But now I just don’t know

Well, I’ll admit sometimes I still wish I knew what to say And I keep looking for a way to fix it all But we know we’re at the mercy of God’s higher ways And our ways are so small

But I will carry you to Jesus He is everything you need I will carry you to Jesus on my knees

It’s such a privilege for me to give this gift to you All I’d ever hope you’d give me in return Is to know that you’ll be there to do the same for me When the tables turn

And if you need to cry go on and I,I will cry along with you, yeah I’ve given you what I have but stillI know the best thing I can do Is just pray for you

But I will carry you to Jesus He is everything you need I will carry you to Jesus on my knees

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!