What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Here We Go Again

Okay, Here's My Deal...

I have been complaining about my sinuses for a long time recently. I went back to the doctor last week and was not better so they did a sinus CT scan. They diagnosed me with chronic sinusitis. I am now following this routine for them: each morning and night I do a sinus rinse (which makes me feel like I am drowning) then spray each nostril twice with a nasal steriod. I take an Allegra D and my third type of antibiotic (fourth if you count the one that gave me hives)--which I will be on for a MONTH, which means I am eating lots of yogurt to replace the good bacteria I am killing and fend off a yeast infection. I was also referred to an ENT...ear, nose and throat doctor. That appointment was today.

Well, we decided that I should probably have surgery to drain the sinuses...the ones in my cheeks are fine, but the ones around my eyes are thick and have crud in them, the one in the middle of my head is really bad and come to find out, the one in my forhead is underdeveloped.

Also while there, he ordered blood drawn to be tested for food and other allergies. They needed two vials of blood. Normally I am a good bleeder for things like that. Was I today?! No. Here was that deal:

She poked my left arm...it bled for a little bit, then stopped, which was enough for only one vial. The other nurse looked at my other arm, no good...checked my right hand...no good.
Back to nurse #1. She poked me near my left elbow...but I only trickled...so we runied a vial.
Finally, she tried my left hand and that worked--sort of. I bled and stopped. Bled and stopped.


So, I now have three bruised areas on my left arm--because I am still a little anemic and bruise easy, still have a sinus headache and am looking at sinus surgery in a week. Yay me...but I just pray that this gives me some relief. Better go--my son is calling me to lay down with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!