What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Whole Different View



Okay, Here's My Deal...

Being just over 36 weeks pregnant means that I am getting tired more easily. Mostly as we get done shopping at Wal-Mart lately, I got sit on a bench near the door fanning my self with my oriental folding fan catching my breath as my husband and son go play air hockey and ride the rides.

Does that ever give you a whole new view of the various clientele that go to Wal-Mart. I know, I am clientele at Wal-Mart, too. I am just saying that you see a wide variety of people going into the store...but oddly enough, it is the same variety of people no matter what Wal-Mart you are at. I mean, people are people everywhere.

Fit people, fat people, way skinny people, way fat people. People who are way skinny on top and way fat on the bottom...mismatched if you will. Then there is the person whose body is just not describable. You've seen them.

People alone, people with kids, adult children with older parents, grandparents and grandkids. People who are obviuosly dating or newlyweds...or maybe they have been married forever and have never lost that spark.

Grumpy people, cheery people. Laughing, crying, snarling...every emotion is there.

People with a purpose...that come back out in just a few minutes. People who have returns. People who come back into the store in a few minutes after leaving because they forgot something.

People who must have the day off from the freak show.

You know you have seen all ofthese people, too. I am these people. So are you.

To end this not so thrilling little entry, I will quote my Ohio Buck-a-roony friend, who taught methe official Wal-Mart Cheer:

"Wal-Mart, Wal-Mart that's our store! We shop these 'cause we're poor!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!